There are currently 2 implementations of the AttributeEditor
, one for 3D studio Max, and one for Innovation3D
docs for the 3D studio max version
3D Studio MAX PlugIn
for Object Attributes
is used to edit the game attributes on objects. It is located in the "World Foundry" menu on the Utility panel in 3DS MAX.
The Attributes PlugIn
presents the user with the exact same data fields as presented in the 3DS R4 tool. The 3DS MAX version of "World Foundry Attributes Editor" tries to maintain the same user interface as the rest of 3D Studio MAX.
Each "page" within the attributes is stored in a 3DSMAX "rollup"
Integers and Fixed Point Numbers:
- Contain standard MAX scroller button
- If you enter a number larger than the maximum allowed, the edit field will change to the maximum value
- If you enter a number smaller than the minimum allowed, the edit field will change to the minimum value
- If you right click on the scroller, the edit field will be reset to the default value (specified in the .oad files)
- Contains name of another object in the level. You can type a name directly into the field, or press on the button with an "O" located to the right of the edit field to bring up a pick requester.
- Enter the filename directly into the edit field or click on the "F" button to the right of the edit field. Filenames entered must be located below the game tree (C:\Program Files\World Foundry assuming defaults)
- Choose from the drop-down list.
- Click on button to proceed to next value
- Click on button with Shift held to backup to previous value
XDATA (Script, Contextual Animations, Notes, etc.)
- Click on the "Edit..." button to bring up an editor
- Enter data
- Choose File | Save
- The entered text is now embedded in the object
When you click off an object or change the panel, all changes are applied to the object (all field changes and class name changes)
filename is "attrib.dlu" and is located in 3dsmax/plugins.